Sunday, November 29, 2020

REVIEW The Drunken Promise By Max Watson


The Drunken Promise is a steamy romance novella that explores coming-of-age love, heartbreak, overcoming tragedy, and rebuilding what was once lost.


Blue and I, we've been through everything together. She's been my best friend ever since I can remember, all the way through now, our senior year of high school. And she still has no idea that I'm in love with her. When she asks to have her first time with me, only because she trusts me so much, I'm not sure I can go through with it. That must be why she got me drunk before making me promise I would. But it turns out to be the best decision-drunk or not-that I've ever made. Now that we've had our first time, Blue wants to be friends with benefits. One step closer to a real relationship.


But then my worst nightmare comes true. She stops speaking to me. Just like that, she wants nothing to do with me. Does she know the truth of my love for her but she doesn't feel the same? If only things could go back to how they used to be...if only I had never made that promise.


Years pass and everything is a blur after the accident. Will I ever be able to tell fantasy from reality? Nothing makes sense anymore. All I have ever wanted, all I continue to yearn for, is Blue. Now, she's out of reach more than ever before.


Fall in love with Black and Blue in The Drunken Promise, a steamy romance with a lot of twists and a happy ending.


PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED AS BLACK & BLUE



Omg this book was amazing and so heart wrenching. The first half of the book was full of romance and teen frustration and angst. The second half was so sad and heart breaking I cried through reading the entire last half of the book.


I love Blue and Black they are so amazing. Black feels everything and no matter what always wants the best for Blue whether he is happy or not.


This author definitely knows how to trick and deceive u so you arnt expecting the ending. Such a page turning i absolutely couldn't put it down I just sat and read it all day.


5 stars


Max Watson braves the sweltering heat of Dallas, Texas along with her husband Spencer, their son Jack, and their three kitty overlords. From roofing, to flipping houses and businesses, to building race cars, to ladder-climbing in corporate America, Max Watson loves to jump from one challenge to the next. In her career working for the man, she frequently found herself enthralled by the human psyche and was always daydreaming twisted tales. Running away screaming from corporate America, she decided to tackle the itch just under the skin and begin her writing career.


No comments:

Post a Comment