Saturday, March 24, 2018

REVIEW: Hothouse Flower (Sound of Silence Series, Book Three) Kindle Edition by Taylor Dean


 

I loved Jace Faraday with all my heart. I loved everything about him, from his huge smile to his fabulous laugh. Another man never caught my eye. It was always Jace and Shay, together forever.
Until it wasn’t.
He devastated me, he ruined me. I’ve never gotten over it.
But, I’m a survivor. I’m not a precious flower that can only thrive if kept safe from the perils of the outside world.
Except now Jace has returned home. He’s just across the street from me, so close I swear I can actually feel his presence.
I can’t avoid him forever. At some point I have to face him. And when I do, I know sparks will fly.
To redeem himself for his past actions, I need major remorse. I need a profuse apology and maybe even a little begging for forgiveness. I won’t settle for anything less.
However, when the truth behind our break-up is revealed, I’m stunned. It leaves me reeling—and yearning for the six years that have been lost to us.
The thing is, once the truth is known, there’s nothing to keep us apart.
Absolutely nothing.
Dear Reader: This book deals with a sensitive issue.
Please note: The Sound of Silence Series is a three book series.
Book One: Stone Silence, Spencer’s Story
Book Two: Jailbird, Mia’s Story
Book Three: Hothouse Flower, Shay’s Story
Each book has a happy ending and there are no cliffhangers. They are not standalones and should be read in order.

I read stone silence and I jumped at the chance to read the rest in the series and that was a wonderful idea. I just fell in love with this series and this amazing author.
a must read for sure....
The emotions are overflowing in this story, in many different ways, and I was completely invested from start to finish. One thing that really amazes me about this author is her ability to write about realistic and difficult situations, character reactions and ways they deal with things, and content with the potential to be depressing, but the feel isn't a downer at all--everything about the story brings hope and inspiration and doesn't drag me down to the dumps. That right there is sincere talent. Taylor Dean--you have a new die-hard fan!
This book kept me in suspense for a deliciously long time as Shay and Jace reunited and tried to pick up the pieces of their shattered hearts. Six years have changed both of them, but they have to come to a closure and see if they can make their relationship work again. But what keeps them apart is a secret Jace has that Shay believes she knows. Until he can be honest with her about it, she refuses to give him her heart again. But the secret isn’t what she expects.
This story has quite a few twists and turns I didn’t see coming, but it made for a unique love story with a sensitive, hardly-talked about theme that I thoroughly enjoyed. I love how Dean throws in bizarre circumstances in her stories to make the reader think outside the box. I love the vicarious experiences she allows me to live through her characters. This was an amazing conclusion to an awesome series. I can’t say enough good about these books!!!!
5 stars
Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it's paranormal, contemporary, or suspense--you'll find all sub-genres of clean romance in her line-up. For more information about Taylor's books, please go to www.taylordeanbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment