Sunday, November 2, 2014

Review: Regretfully by Leighton Riley




Regretfully by Leighton Riley


How do you heal after everything has been ripped away from you?

Completely devastated and alone, Tristen cannot fathom life after losing Cami and his unborn child. He attempts to find normality in his broken world but everything seems wrong.

Aria is compelled to help Tristen and cannot escape the undeniable connection she feels for him, even though Cami was one of her closest friends. She tries to help him move forward by befriending him but quickly realizes that there is more.

Tristen and Aria are both struggling to deal with these confusing emotions. Can they find happiness even when they feel utterly broken.

Review - 2 Stars

Wow, I only reserve one stars for books I couldn't finish.  I DID finish this because there was a plot and I was wondering where this was going, but I was honestly, VERY worked up by the time I finished this novel, and not in a good way.

Admittedly, I didn't read book one.  However, this is supposedly a stand alone, so I figured it wouldn't be bad not to.  That isn't my problem.  My problem is I found the synopsis and what ends up going on in the novel itself are COMPLETELY misleading.

I am trying not to give away anything here as I don't wish to spoil it for those who wish to read it, but honestly, I felt like the first half the book was only a set up for the next book in the series where more will happen to Aria (IF that's what will happen).  The second half I felt no one even remembered, or felt anything for all Aria had tried to do for anyone.  

I was very worked up and upset I even bothered finishing the book.

On positive notes - that kept me reading the book - was that there was a plot, the writing was well-done, and you keep hoping it is NOT going to end like you think it's going to.

So I'm sorry to say, 2 stars.  I doubt I'll bother with book one or three in this series.  






No comments:

Post a Comment