Monday, January 16, 2017

REVIEW: Daughter of Ishmael: Promised Land, Broken Heart by Diane Stringham Tolley






Growing up around prophets and prophecies, Hannah and her sisters are excited to be betrothed to sons of Lehi and to journey to the promised land. But now with her people dividing, Hannah must choose between her faith and her family. 
Should she follow Nephi again, or stay with her husband, Lemuel, and her 
son in sin and misery? This compelling novel tells the familiar scripture story from an illuminating new perspective.


Oh this was an amazing novel. It is not the normal kind of novel I usually read and review. But boy am I glad I did. This book 
had he hooked immediately. It is full of so many characters that you end up falling in love with.

Hannah definitely by far my favorite female character of course. She is so strong and faithful just like her father taught her. I have to say she did not end up with the guy I thought she would 
and watching her struggle with it throughout the book is just so sad but shows her strength as a woman of the lord.

So many different twisting lines and intrigues are in this book.I love how Hannah struggles with both sides of her family.

Lemuel oh lordy I struggle with his character because at one point i want to murder him then the next moment I see why she loves him so much.

I immediately loved Nephi and I so wanted Hannah and Nephi to end up together.Then you get to know Samuel and oh lordy he is gorgeous and kind and sweet how could you not adore him too so then again I wanted her to be with Samuel.

I think Laman is that character you love to hate and I really did hate him and every conflict him and Hannah had I wanted her to just belt him and get it over with. I know wrong time for doing that.

Absolutely loved this book. I read it in 2 days because I was so hooked and addicted.

5 stars


Diane Stringam Tolley was born and raised on a ranch in Southern 
Alberta, Canada. Educated in Journalism, she is the author of 
countless articles and short stories, as well as
several e-novels. She and her husband, Grant are the parents of six children, grandparents to 9+ and live and play in Beaumont, Alberta, Canada.Carving Angels is her first print novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment