Sunday, March 27, 2016

REVIEW: Color Blind By Penny Miller








All her life Harmony Phillips has felt defective. 

Growing up in a paranormal community where magikal 

abilities come from the wavelengths of color, a 

color blind girl is worthless, and they haven't 

let her forget it. No one but her adoptive 

parents, Charlie a Were-Lion and Sarah a Witch, 

along with her best friend Tesch, a Siren, have 

ever given her an ounce of esteem. When a fit of 

outrage unlocks the color yellow to her eyes, 

Harmony passes out cold with shock over her eggs 

and accidentally glamours her nemesis Challen 

Parks into a cowardly golden retriever. As other 

colors unfold before her eyes, so do new 

abilities. Love and friendship get turned upside 

down as Harmony struggles to have faith in people, 

discovering they are not always as they seem. The 

misfit becomes the outlaw as she is once again 

different from everyone else. What began as joy 

turns to peril when the paranormal Council finds 

out she is more than a Witch, or a Were or a 

Fae... oh my.

 



Oh me oh my. 

Once I got into this book I became fastly addicted the all the mystery, suspense and fantasy that was filled in these pages.

This is a wonderfully amazing book for anybody. Whether you are a teenager or a young adult read or an adult you will love and adore this fantasy filled book.

Tesch is by far my favorite character in this book. A sexy alluring siren who falls for her before she becomes all powerful. Hes truly the most amazingly protective man. 

Him being a Siren is just a alluring perk to his sweet caring character.

I loved how it slowly unfolds to explain through the book what she truly is. I wont ruin the surprise but you will love it.

And the ending oh my, it sure does leave you for a cliffhanger wanting more and more. I was sad it was the end of the novel. 

I cant wait to see what this author has in store if she does a sequel.
It will surely be amazing.

A must read for any young adult who loves a  good fantasy novel.

5 stars



I fell in love with books as a child thanks to my 

mom. She read to me as a child, but more 

important, she read for her own pleasure as well. 

I grew up dying to know what she found so 

fascinating between the paperback covers of 

authors like Victoria Holt and Bertrice Small. 

When I was old enough, I found out and became just 

as fascinated. 
The first person who ever told me I should be a 

writer was my English teacher, Sue Campbell. I had 

her for 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th grade 

English. Every year I moved up, so did she, until 

finally 12th grade. She passed away from ovarian 

cancer some years ago, but I think she would be 

proud of me today.
I grew up in McAlester, Oklahoma. I am a 

registered nurse as well as a writer. Mother of 

three (almost) grown children and wife to a good 

man. We live in a small Oklahoma town that is just 

outside of Oklahoma City. 
My own favorite authors include Laurell K. 

Hamilton, Bertrice Small and John Grisham. The 

best present I ever got was the freedom to explore 

my wild imagination. Thanks Momma.




No comments:

Post a Comment