Sunday, December 31, 2017

REVIEW: Stone Silence (sound of silence # 1) By Taylor Dean






Great big beautiful love.
Does it really exist?
Everyone tells me it does. They say, “Spencer Elliott, don’t worry, you’ll find it one day. You just have to find the right man and when you do, it will surprise the heck out of you.”
I’m still waiting for that heck of a surprise to hit. It has proven to be elusive thus far. I’m pretty sure the entire world is lying about love and the joke is on me.
I know I want a man in my heart and in my life. Unfortunately, most men immediately push my OFF button and I lose interest quickly.
Feeling pressure to prove I’m trying to find my soulmate, I finally give in and agree to a date. Huge mistake. Afterward I find myself abandoned in the middle of nowhere, in desperate need of help.
That’s when I meet Stony by chance.
He’s a silent and unsmiling man who intrigues me with his ability to keep going after life has knocked him down. Suddenly the abstract notion of love becomes tangible and within my reach. Once I experience it, I wonder how I ever lived without it.
That’s when I stay with Stony by choice.
But when Stony’s hidden past and present-day reality collide, his silence is broken. And the truth about his life nearly brings me to my knees. I can’t compete with ghosts from the past.
I refuse to fight for a man’s love. He either loves me or he doesn’t. It’s as simple and as complicated as that.
My only hope is . . . he does.




A lovely read I was excited to find a author that isnt all about the act of love it was more about the falling in love part and that is wonderful. Its great to see that there are still authors that are keeping it all about the love. A book that would be great for young adults to read.
This book was full of those emotionally charged moments that I crave as a reader. It's more than just chemistry and physical attraction, although that is there in abundance as well. There is a building intensity throughout the book and I was so caught up in it. I honestly could not put it down. [This is where I freely admit how annoyed I was at EVERYTHING that pulled me away from this book the day I was reading it.
Stony is a man with a furrowed brow and very little smile and he is respectful and kind and a man of few words. Intriguing indeed!
Spencer is a woman who just can’t get into dating and has dated very little and wonders if her “great big beautiful love” will ever come to her. She is not on a good note when her latest date is not a good guy at all and just drops her off in the middle of nowhere Texas with no money, phone or water. She walks and walks until she collapses at the feet of Stony! He cares for her sunburn and heat exhaustion because the roads are flooded now and they are stranded.
As they get to know one another, they fall for each other’s personality and they are kind of perfect for each other.
The story is told in Spencer’s POV. The characters have meaning and character and the story is really quite cute!
5 stars

Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it's paranormal, contemporary, or suspense-you'll find all sub-genres of CLEAN Romance in her line-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment