Thursday, April 13, 2017

REVIEW: Returned By Kimberley Griffiths Little




Perfect for fans of Cleopatra’s Moon and the adult bestseller The Red Tent, this is the final book in the epic trilogy that began with Forbidden and Banished. Jayden and Kadesh’s love will be put to the ultimate test as they fight a war to save their kingdom.

After tragedy strikes on the day they were to wed, Jayden must support Kadesh as he ascends the throne and becomes king of Sariba. But with the dark priestess Aliyah conspiring to control the crown, and the arrival of Horeb, Jayden’s former betrothed, Kadesh’s kingdom, as well as his status as king, is at stake.

Jayden knows that the time to be merciful has come and gone, and that some enemies can only be halted by death. Now she and Kadesh must prepare to fight not only for their love, but also for their kingdom.



This was an amazingly addictive book in a wonderful series.I really couldn't put it down. It was a nice long book to boot. I really enjoy books that have substance and length to it. It really pulls you in the more the author writes in it. Just when I thought it was the end of this novel, there was more to it. I just adored it. 

I adored the characters. Kadesh and Jayden are so absolutely amazing. The strong side of Jayden that stands her ground is wonderful. Even when Kadesh orders her to not to something he eventually bends to her will. She is a strong powerful woman that will do anything to save her family and her king.

Kadesh oh boy what he has been through and goes through in this book is just amazing. Hes strong and powerful but at the same time unsure if hes doing what is right for everyone. Personally when it came time to do what his cousin suggested and kill Aliyah I though he should have done it emediately. But his soft sensitive heart couldnt do it and I loved it.

And Asher oh poor Asher. I was so sad and upset when he sacrificed himself. I just adored him even if he was in love with Jayden which went against his morals. I was like nooo hes got to find a new woman.

This authors writing style is amazing. I just love how she writes strong powerful women into a time where the men were somewhat against women speaking out against anything.

5 flaming stars!!!!







When I was a kid I read a book a day, scribbled stories, and dreamed about having my very own book on the library shelf. I grew up in San Francisco, but now live in an adobe house on the banks of the Rio Grande with my big, messy family. I think I've drunk so much Land of Enchantment water that some of that ancient magic got into my blood and now spurts out my pencil--I mean ergonomic keyboard. I adore anything old and musty with a secret story to tell.

I'm the author of 10 award-winning middle-grade and Young Adult novels with Scholastic and Harpercollins and I make way too many cookies when I'm writing - and I've got the best book trailers in the universe. Check them out here: www.kimberleygriffithslittle.com. Please find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Youtube.

Awards: Southwest Book Award, Whitney Award for Best Youth Novel, Whitney Award Finalist, Association of Mormon Letters of Art Award, Bank Street College Best Books of 2011, 2013, and 2015, Crystal Kite Finalist, New Mexico Book Award Finalist, and Arizona/New Mexico Young Adult Book Award Winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment