Monday, April 4, 2016

REVIEW :Rules of her Sins By A. Gorman



With dreams of being the youngest and richest CEO in the country, Jesse McCoy heads off to college with her best friend in Indiana. Where she meets who she thought was the man of her dreams, or so she thought. Then a careless night alters Jesse’s dreams, possibly forever.
Back home from college, Aedan Hughes wasn’t planning on working as a personal chauffeur to his boss. Quickly he learns that his boss is grooming him for a position of a lifetime, which includes meeting the one woman who lights his fire.
Will Jesse have to completely let go of her dreams to get her life back? Is Aedan just setting up himself for a heartache?
Her past sins rule each of their futures, and only he knows how it will play out


Jesse
“Whatever. You probably think I’m some spoiled bitch who had her daddy bail her out.” I roll my eyes. Aedan quickly switches lanes and comes to a stop. He puts the car in park and takes my face in his hands.
“Look at me and listen. I do not think you are a bitch. Spoiled, maybe a bit, but not a bitch. You’re an amazing, beautiful, strong woman, and any man would be fortunate to have you. You really need to open your eyes because your father does love you, very much. He wants what is the best for you and he has worked very hard to make sure you’re successful. You might not see it at the very moment, but you will soon.” He slowly removes his hands from my face.
I’m speechless and shocked. He thinks I’m beautiful? Does he feel the same way I do? I’m so confused and don’t understand.



What a book. Full of business, lust, love, mystery, intrique, action and fighting.

In a world where things were supposed to go as planned for Jesse, born into a wealthy family. She goes to college and meets the man of her worst nightmares and he takes her for everything she has ruining her life. Leaving her thinking her father hates and despises her.

She meets Aidan and you think at first he is this colassal POS hell bent on making her life miserable.

Luckily that is not the case, he harbors a long time attraction and love for his boss's daughter. Such a taboo relationship.

So sweet and deliciously perfect.

I was aghast at the ending however. I was like nooo dont leave me hanging wondering what will happen next with a to be continued.

All and all a wonderful must read novel.

5 stars


A. Gorman was born and raised in a small community in Central Indiana. She left the slow moving life of the country for the fast-paced city life. After spending twelve years in the city and becoming a mother to two wild and crazy kids, she chose to move back to the peace and quiet of the country after marrying the man of her dreams and gaining three more children. 
As an avid reader, A. never set out to be an author since she’s a full-time editor for several incredible authors. However, after editing one day, a voice started talking to her and talking and talking. She decided to sit down and write what she had to say, and it turned out she had a lot to say. Then that one voice turned to two, and another story came to life. Not believing that anything she was writing was publishable, she asked a few friends to critique her manuscript…and now she’s the proud author of the Their Sins series, with several more series and standalones planned.
When she’s not corralling their five kids and two dogs or out in their garden, you can find her at her desk editing or writing her next novel with a cup of coffee and classical music cranked up on her iPad. While she loves reading, A. is addicted to all things British, coffee, and gummy bears—in no particular order.

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

1.What made you want to become a writer?

I had a voice in my head that would not be quiet. She wanted to talk and tell her story… You’ll meet her in Rules of Her Sins, Jesse McCoy.

2.What influences did you have growing up that lead to writing?

My parents were and still are huge readers. Although I really didn’t find my love for reading until I was nine years old, I made up for a lot of lost time. I high school I was reading classics while my classmates struggled to read the required literature. Reading authors like the Bronte Sisters, Carolyn Keene, Franklin W. Dixon, Louisa May Alcott, J.R.R. Tolkien, etc. allowed me to escape reality and create their stories in my mind.

3.Who are your favorite Authors?

This is always so hard for me because I read everyone, self-published and traditional (and not so traditional). Let’s start with Marie Force and go from there… *Runs to grab my Kindle to scroll through my books* Jennifer Probst, Sylvia Day, Casey L. Bond, Delisa Lynn, Lisa Renee Jones, Jennifer Warner… I could keep going!

4.What types of Authors do you enjoy reading in your spare time?

Don’t have a set genre. If the blurb on the back cover or on the page piques my interest, I’ll buy it. I typically read romance and suspense, but I will step out of those genres and read M/M, erotica, or fantasy.

5.Who was your favorite character to write and why in this book?

Jesse McCoy for sure! I think sometimes she is me. We experience so many things in our lives that are similar. She’s made a lot of mistakes, but she is working on righting them. She’s starts out being this girl who has had everything in her life and then has it taken away from her, and at the end she is trying to fix everything to get where she should have been years ago… I completely understand where she is coming from.

6. Where did you grow up?

I grew up in a small town, less than 900 people, in Central Indiana. Even though I don’t live there now, people still know all about what I’m doing. Some things never change.

7.What can you tell your Avid readers about your upcoming novels that are in the works?

YES! I’m so excited! Blackmailed, Their Sins novella, will be released on April 19th. I’m stoked about that being out so soon. I hope to release Love, With All My Heart in May. The manuscript is with the editor now. I’m working on the third book in the Their Sins series, tentatively titled Double Crossed. I’m trying to finish it by the end of the month so I can start a fresh manuscript in April with Camp NaNoWriMo rolls around.

8.What do you do in your spare time when you aren't writing amazing novels?

Spend time with my family. I homeschool one of my children, so when I’m not writing, family takes up a lot of that time. I also enjoy reading when I can, shooting guns (a country girl can survive), gardening, playing video games (I love blowing stuff up!), and enjoying a well made drink...coffee, tea, alcoholic...you name it.

9.What would you tell any aspiring author to do in their pursuit of writing?

Never, ever give up. I’ve heard some pretty yucky things about my writing and some pretty awesome things too. Keep writing for you and those awesome things. Those yucky comments, well, those are that person’s opinion...and you know what they say about opinions. ;)

10.Did you base any of your characters on yourself or people you have encountered in your life? and why?

Oh my gosh, yes. There is a person who had a significant impact in my life. I wish I could say the impact was completely positive, but that would be a lie. However, because of him, I can write in a frame of mind that kind of scares me because I’m not a violent person or mean to the point I could cause pain. His qualities are those that I use in my malevolent characters.

11.What was your favorite story or book that you have written and why?

Rules of Her Sins will always be my favorite. For years, I stated I would never be an author, and Rules is proof that I am.

12. What makes you want to have your books reviewed? What is your personal reasoning behind it?

I think reviews better an author, if they are written constructively, and I want to better myself with each word I write. I appreciate the reader taking the time to read my work and value their feedback.

Thank you so much for having me on your blog!! <3 A.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being a part of the tour and your kind words. :) Definitely made my day! <3 A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww it was my pleasure i really loved this book and got very into it haha cant wait for more

      Delete